Thursday, December 30, 2004

Resolutions

I have been so encouraged by the women I have met (well, cybermet) through women at home, that I have decided to put some thought into New Year Resolutions. I have never made resolutions before. This is kind of fun.

Physical:I will be 30 pounds lighter by the end of the year. I would like to be able to run in a one mile fun run by Labor Day. I want to eat healthier.

Spiritual:I'd like to spend more time in personal prayer. I want to pray with my husband on a daily basis. I want to read through the Bible. I want to pray with my children more.

Marital:I want to get to know Olaf more intimately. (Not in *that* way) He's not an easy guy to know. We've been married almost 17 years and there are still deep secrets in him...I just know it!:)

Mama:Less force, more love. Less perfection, more hugs.

Homeschool:Relax! I want to not care what day I should be on. I want to focus on the eternal, not the academics. I want my focus to be on the reason we chose to homeschool in the first place, not worrying if my third grader can do long division. I can't even do long division without a calculator.

Well, there ya have it. I will probably add some as they come to me. I need to refer back to this post from time to time to see how I'm doing.

Josiah woke up this morning and said his belly hurt. I gave him his chocolate milk which he promptly vomited all over me, the carpet, and my Longaberger throw. He proceeded to empty his stomach twice more in the next hour. Then, just as suddenly as it appeared, it disappeared. He has been fine since 8:30 am. PRAISE GOD! That was one quick virus. He really didn't eat anything yesterday or I might have said it was something he ate. Since it started right upon waking, that tends to make me think it was a virus of some sort. He must have picked it up at the doctor yesterday or Publix. Good to know it's relatively short just in case it makes the rounds.

I haven't exercised because I think it will make me start coughing. I'm on the verge of sickness and once I start coughing, I don't stop. I really need to get out and do something though. Olaf may pick up a treadmill tomorrow that my friend is giving to me. She is going to call me back and let me know if tomorrow will work for her. She offered it to me because she never uses it. It was her Grandmother's, but Grandma had an accident on it and they won't give it back to her. Grandma used to walk on the treadmill in her bra and walking shorts. She said she got too hot to wear a shirt. Mind you, this is one spunky 83 year old woman! Well, somehow she slipped, the treadmill threw her off, she hit her head and blacked out. She called 911 when she came to and the paramedics arrived to find a half dressed old woman. She broke a rib or two I think as well. Since then she has told my friend that her worse fear is dying in the shower. She says, "It was bad enough being half dressed when the ambulance came. I feel sorry for them if they find me naked." This woman is just the sweetest thing. She is very classy and dresses to a T. Always has her make-up on. Likes to shop at Talbots and William Sonoma. But, she is very humble and giving. Very gentle and gracious. I really enjoy talking to her when I get the chance.

Happy New Year if I don't post before January 1st!

No comments: