Sunday, December 05, 2004

An eventful weekend

Friday evening Aravis, our cute little calico kitten, was chased by a Great Dane. She climbed 30 feet into a tree, went into shock, and plummeted to the ground. We thought she was dead. Olaf ran her to the Emergency Vet (it was 6:00 pm on Friday) that is located about half hour away. Praise God, she survived. They had to keep her overnight because she has bruising around her lungs due to the fall. It was such an awful experience. Camille was distraught because she thought her kitten was dead. It was so hard to watch her mourn like that. Aravis is home now, but a different kitty. She is very nervous and really doesn't want to be around any people. I am hoping that she will get over that. You can tell she is still in pain which is understandable when you fall 30 feet. I just am so thankful to God that she is alive.

Saturday was busy as well. Camille sang on the court square and did a great job. She stepped right up to that microphone and sang her solo with no hesitation. I was very proud of her. After they got done singing, I pulled back Gracie's hair and noticed her ear canal was full of blood and puss. I hurriedly called Newnan Pediatrics which closes at noon on Saturday. It was 11:55 am. They told me to come on in, praise God! Gracie has a ruptured ear drum due to an infection. She didn't complain that her ear hurt! She doesn't have a cold, or congestion... There was no reason to even think she may have an ear infection. Now she is on oral antibiotics as well as ear drop antibiotics. Once we got home from the doctor...

We went and got our Christmas tree! They had the bunnies again. I think the picture of Josiah is below this post. That was fun for the children. After the children went to bed last night, Olaf started decorating the house for Christmas. He's much better at that than I am. We don't have a lot of "things" but he does a good job with what we have. Christmas was always special for Olaf growing up. His mother made a big deal out of the holiday and Olaf still has that inside him. It's funny because he wants everything to be perfect and always ends up getting super stressed. That makes no sense to me.

Today is the Christmas parade. Camille has to be there at 2:00 pm and the parade starts at 3:00 pm. After the parade we need to run to WalMart for a few things. Tante Babel wants tube socks and we cannot find them anywhere. We are hoping WalMart has some. We also are out of Scotch Tape. I guess my grocery shopping will have to be put off until tomorrow. I really wanted to go back to WW since I didn't get to go last Monday.

OK, I am going to try to post a few more pictures. Blessings!

No comments: