Friday, December 24, 2004

Spoiled

Oh everyone was spoiled this year. I got the cutest cherry apron from Gooseberry Patch. It's a half apron that ties around your waist and has cherries all over it. So 50's! I also got a pair of slippers from Lands End, some all weather mocs from Lands End, a cap for when I walk/run in the cold weather, a bundt pan (my very first one!) and a pocket calendar. The children got a ton of things. We got them 5 presents each, which is two more than we normally get them. Then Uncle Scott and Aunt Frances sent them three presents each. Then Opa and Grandma each gave them one gift. They were reeling with excitement. Tomorrow we will sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and open stocking stuffers. It will be our nice meal and our time of devotion to the Lord. We used to do a birthday cake for Jesus, but since JoJo's birthday is the 26th, we just sing. I have eaten WAY too much rugalach but it is SO yummy. Olaf enjoyed his steak tartar and he isn't complaining of a stomach ache yet. I don't know how long it takes for e coli or salmonella to set in though;) I bought Olaf this cool kit called "Dirty Old Coins" from Vision Forum. They are ancient coins from about 1500 years ago that you clean up. There is a disc that lists all the coins from that period with their value so you can see what you have found after cleaning. I also got him a pocket watch. He has wanted one for years. He also got pj bottoms from Old Navy and a travel mug. Well, I have a lot to do. The house is a mess. Wrapping paper and toys are everywhere. I'll write tomorrow sometime. God Bless.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Hee, love Vision Forum...don't they do Vertis (sp) Press too, or am I confused? :)