Wednesday, December 15, 2004

How many song writers can use the word exhumed in their lyrics? Ever since I wrote about Dan Fogelberg (in my 100 things about me), this song has been stuck in my head. See, I told you I remember every lyric to every song!:) The only way to get it unstuck, is to write out the lyrics and sing it as I go! So get ready...

Now that we love
Now that the lonely nights are over
How do we make love stay
Now that we know
The fire can burn bright or merely smolder
How do we keep it from dying away

Elusive as dreams barely remembered in the morning
Love like a phantom flies
But held in the heart it pales like the empty smile adorning
A statue with sightless eyes
Moments fleet taste sweet within the rapture
When precious flesh is greedily consumed
But mystery's a thing not easily captured
And once deceased not easily exhumed

Now that we love
Now that the lonely nights are over
How do we make love stay

Moments fleet taste so sweet within the rapture
When precious flesh is greedily consumed
But mystery is a thing not easily captured
And once deceased not easily exhumed

Now that we love
Look at the moonless night and tell me
How do we make love stay

OK, I feel much better! Thank you.

Grace's ears looked fine today. Josiah started crying as soon as we walked in the doctor's office. Camille ended up sitting in the van with him. They weren't out there too long though. Maybe 10 minutes by themselves. It is COLD here in Georgia. I had to run to the grocery store this evening and BRRR!

Lots of stuff to do tomorrow. I have to run to the PO, Caleb's school, and make cookies for the cookie swap at Bible Study. Whew! I'm tired thinking about it. I know I won't sleep well tonight because of all the things I need to do tomorrow. I'm like that. My brain doesn't turn all the way off. Praise God the work week will be almost through tomorrow...Caleb starts his vacation on Friday. Pray for me. I really want to enjoy this time with him home, but sometimes it's hard. He asks to eat every 5 minutes (and I'm not exagerating!) It can really grate on my last nerve.

Need to get to bed. Once again, I am blogging late. Maybe I can catch up on Friday. Tomorrow I will be too busy to get online at all. Blessings!

No comments: