Sunday, December 12, 2004

Where did the weekend go?

It has flown by! Yesterday I cleaned the master bath and then went out Christmas shopping for about three hours. We went through the children's presents and Josiah still needed two more presents to open on Christmas Eve. (We open all our presents on Christmas Eve and stockings on Christmas morning) It was fun shopping by myself. I went to Old Navy and TJ Maxx. At Old Navy I bought the little two some pj's and slippers from Grandma. I bought Caleb and Camille slippers there as well. I also bought Cami a pair of gloves for her stocking. I bought Josiah and Grace socks because they needed them. I had the most fun at TJ Maxx. What a fun store to be in without children. There are so many breakables in there I get nervous with the kids. I bought Olaf some German chocolate as well as toys for Josiah. Today we went and exchanged our new TV for another. The red was bleeding. It was really odd. HH Gregg exchanged it for us with no problem. That was a blessing. We stopped by Target and bought Scotch Tape (finally) and some gift bags. We found tube socks there for Tante Babel too! WooHoo! We have looked and looked for tube socks. Do you know how hard they are to find? They were so popular in the late 70's and early 80's. She actually wants the ones with the colored stripes around the top. Remember those? Speaking of the 70's, I watched this great thing on PBS a couple of weeks ago. It was ALL disco. Original artists coming back and singing their hit songs to raise money for PBS. Old fat people (like me) trying to dance all groovy. They were doing the bump and the hustle and the snake. Hey, I can snake with the best of them:) It was hilarious watching them, but I loved the music. KC and the Sunshine Band, songs from Saturday Night Fever, Taste of Honey, Peaches and Herb, Irene Kara... you name it, they were there singing their disco hits. "And for a gift of $500 to your local PBS station...blah blah blah...you can have this CD." No thanks. PBS is such a liberal media outlet, I could never give money to them.

Weigh in is tomorrow and I am hoping I lost weight through thinking positive thoughts! LOL! I know I didn't lose any by what I ate.

Need to sign off, but I'll leave you with the lyrics from a disco hit since they are now swimming in my brain.

If you're thinkin' you're too cool to boogie
Boy oh boy have I got news for you
Everybody here tonight must boogie
Let me tell ya' you are no exception to the rule

Get on up on the floor
Cuz we're gonna boogie oogie oogie
Till you just can't boogie no more (boogie)
Boogie no moreYou can't boogie no more (boogie)
Boogie no more, listen to the music

There's no time to waste, let's get this show on the road
Listen to the music and let your body flow
The sooner we begin the longer we've got to groove
Listen to the music and let your body move

Now get on up on the floor
Cuz we're gonna boogie oogie oogie
Till you just can't boogie no more (boogie)
Boogie no moreYou can't boogie no more (boogie)
Boogie no more, listen to my bass here

Get down, boogie oogie oogie
Get down, boogie oogie oogie
Get down, boogie oogie oogie
Get down

No comments: