Saturday, January 01, 2005

Blessings to everyone on this day, January 1, 2005. I can't believe how blessed I am. My kiddos are playing behind me, my husband is at Blockbuster and the Lord has more than provided for us in every way possible.

Last night Olaf and I watched the movie Luther. It is a movie about Martin Luther's life. It was really good if you like period pieces. I'm not sure how accurate it is because I don't know enough about the reformation to tell you. I think Olaf is going to get some action movie for tonight. We did the trial of the Movie Pass at Blockbuster. It ends on the 10th of January, so we need to rent as many movies as possible before that:) It was $14.99 for the first month, but it's normally $24.99. There is no way we rent $25 worth of movies every month so we are going to cancel it. I may try the online version though. It's only $15 per month as well.

Olaf picked up that treadmill that my friend gave me. It's really nice. I was going to use it today, but the weather here was SO beautiful I went outside instead. It was sunny and 70 degrees. The children played outside for a few hours. Molly came over for awhile and they had a good time together.

I am trying to start a newsletter for our street/subdivision. I made a letter up, put them in everyone's mailboxes, and asked for their input. I'd like to have a directory for our street as well. I know a few of my neighbors, but there are 50 houses on my street and I may know 8 or 9 families. In the newsletter I was thinking of spotlighting a family or two, have a "for sale" section, letting people write articles that interest them etc. I have gotten three families to respond so far and it's been a few days since I handed them out. We'll see...

I'm getting a head cold. My eyes are watering and I am sneezing like crazy. Josiah keeps telling me "Bless You Mama!" So sweet!









1 comment:

blessedmama said...

hi! how great to meet other Christian homeschoolers. i consider myself a homeschooling mama even tho my oldest is almost one year old. they learn something every day, don't you think?
also, i'm preggo with number two and wanted to comment that if a boy, he'll be josiah benjamin. noticed that you have a josiah - great choice! :D
God bless!
jenn
http://www.gigowski.com/gibberish