Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Bible Study

I go back to Bible Study tomorrow. We have been off since mid December, so it will be nice to see everyone again. We are still doing "Calm My Anxious Heart." We are now on chapter six. Chapter six is entitled "Never Enough" and it's about having contentment with "things." I feel like I am very content in my material possessions. I rarely get the greed bug or feel like I need more. Of course there are things I'd like to have or see accomplished, but it doesn't bother me if I never get them. Our memory verses are: I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. Psalm 119:14 and Hebrews 13:5 which says, Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Camille went to choir today and I spent the hour talking about fundraising with Rhonda. We will probably do the Little Ceasars Pizza Kits and Cookie Dough again. I will be in charge of it this year from start to finish. The biggest pain about that is everything needs to be frozen, therefore you need to deliver the goods to the customer as soon as you pick it up. I don't have extra freezer space so I have to pray the people are home when we deliver. It can be a real mess. A man came in today to try and convince us to sell his cookie dough. His dough comes in buckets as well but does not need to be refrigerated. Ever! You can open it, make three cookies and put it back in the cupboard. He said it's the way it is processed. We tried the cookies and they weren't that good in all honesty. But it would be easier from a logistical stand point. We'll see what Karen decides.

No comments: