Tuesday, January 11, 2005

That ebay site was pulled.

In case you didn't get to that link in time, a woman was trying to sell her FAT! She is 70 pounds overweight and was offering her services as a customer to anyone who wanted to put her on a diet or provide her with supplements. The bid was at $55 when I looked and already had 16 bids with five days left. I thought it was funny. I guess Ebay did not!:)

Olaf got the plumbing all done and it works. Now he is going to dig those trenches deeper! He decided after it was all said and done today that he needed to dig the trenches deeper and do something else with our gutter runoff. I just shake my head and say whatever. He is going to take a third day of vacation tomorrow to finish his new plan. In the meantime, I AM DOING LAUNDRY! I am excited.

We are having stuffed peppers tonight. That is one of my favorite meals. The children don't like it, so we only have them once or twice a year. My mouth is watering thinking about it. I think I'll put some tabasco on it. YUM!

My friend Jeannie came over unexpectedly today. It was nice visiting with her. Grace likes to play with Audrey. I really have a hard time exposing my children to other kid's behavior though. Her children are just really loud and she allows them to argue with each other etc. Our views on child rearing are not the same. Her son is 5 and her daughter is almost 4. My view on child rearing is not the same as most people though. I am very conservative; that is why I homeschool. I want to train my children's hearts, not just their behavior. The Maxwell's have a great book about that called Keeping Our Children's Hearts. Then of course there is the book Shepherding A Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp. I want to train my girls to be keepers at home and loving mothers. Now that is certainly crazy to the world (and to Christians) now a days. My son I want to prepare to be the sole financial provider for his family and to fufill the God given role as the head of his home. The Maxwell's happen to have another great book on that subject called Preparing Sons to Provide for a Single Income Family. I do believe in sheltering my children. I believe not only is it a good thing, it's what I am required to do as a parent. Corrie ten Boom in "The Hiding Place" relays a story of how her father kept information from her because he thought is was too "heavy for her to carry." Much like a large suitcase is too heavy for a small child to carry, that is how I look at sheltering my children. The world offers things that are much too heavy for my children to bare. When they are strong enough, they will encounter it. Their strength is determined by their spiritual walk with the Lord.

Well, I have certainly let loose, eh?

2 comments:

Charity said...

Misty, You Go, Girl, with your conservative Christian Mama rant! I'm with you there, although the carrying out of the ideals in the day to day I struggle with. Anyway, Dittos to the sentiment. I hope Olaf is able to straighten out your septic mess. Talk to you later.
Love, Charity

Cheri said...

Tee Hee. I love the Maxwells too. I need to reread Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit. Have you read that? I also have Shepherding a Childs Heart. One of my goals of this year is to work on areas with my boys. So glad your plumbing is fixed. Isn't it sad when your thankful to wash clothes. LOL :)