Sunday, January 30, 2005

Ice Ice Baby...

I was in the middle of posting last night when we lost power for the second time that day! We've had a wicked ice storm for Atlanta. It's been kind of fun being cooped up in the house and figuring out what we can eat that doesn't require cooking. Our home is 100% electric, so when it goes out...we are roughing it;) We built a fire and Olaf put together a new entertainment center. It looks pretty nice for pressboard. Our old entertainment center only fits a 19 inch TV, so when we got our bigger TV (a few months back) we had to set the TV on an end table. Losing power... more later.

OK, power was flickering and I wanted to post at least that. It isn't flickering anymore. So I'll continue.

Back to the weekend. We ate Pop Tarts without toasting them, saltine crackers with butter, pretzels with dip...my children were loving it! Then the power came on long enough for me to fix supper. RATS! We put the children to bed around 8 pm and lost power again about 10:30 pm. I'm not sure what time it came back on but I would guess somewhere around 1:00 am. We have this really cool lantern that we bought for Y2K. It's called an Aladdin Lamp and puts out the same light as a 60 watt bulb. So, there was my fun weekend.

Camille is watching "Little Women" behind me. I love that book and movie. She is watching the updated version with Susan Sarandon (pray for her) and Winona Rider (pray for her too!) Camille has been reading a lot this weekend since there was no TV to watch! She read Jessica's First Prayer. What a lovely book! I highly recommend it no matter your age. It's a great book to read aloud to your family.

OK, I need to run. Josiah is a mess and I need to clean him up!

No comments: