Friday, January 14, 2005

Did you figure it out?

Since only two people commented, I am assuming the other 8 people don't read my blog. I guess I'm just a voyeur:0P

I went to Bible Study last night. It was fine although the chapter was about writing your life's purpose. What a thought? Of course, as a Christian, all of our lives should be lived for Him and Him alone. Isn't that every Christian's sole purpose? To know Him more intimately and express His love to others. He gives us different platforms for His purposes though. I'm just not quite sure what to write. I am looking forward to the next two chapters through. They are about worrying. I am the world's best worrier. I've got you all beat, hands down! I'd put money on it, but I'd worry about how to pay just in case I lost. I know that worry is a flat out sin, so please pray for me in that area. It can cause anxiety and a lot of BAD things. As my walk with Christ strengthens, the worry tends to fade. Then there are those valleys I find myself in and once again I am swallowed up with worry. The ebb and flow of my Christian walk. I really long for the day when it doesn't ebb anymore.

To completely change the subject, I have baby fever! It is ALL Charity's fault. Baby Grace is such a blessing! Oh I just love her. I originally wanted to name Camille, Selah. Now I see from another blog that there really is a Selah somewhere! If I have another girl her name will be Selah or Providence. Don't make fun of the Providence name. I know an old woman who is 98 years old named Providence. She is a Godly woman and writes the most beautiful poetry. Camille was almost Providence too! What a great name... Selah Providence...meaning stop and think about God's care, guardianship, and control. How awesome is that? Yes, I know Doug Phillips from Vision Forum named his latest child Providence. He stole it from me. BTW, Doug will be speaking at our GA Homeschool conference in May. Anyone want to come?

OK, school to do with Camille. She's had it easy this week!

5 comments:

Charity said...

Misty, sorry about the baby fever, I prayed for a baby for you last night. After seeing you with Grace, the Lord just kept bringing you and a baby to my mind all night and today. I LOVE the name Selah Providence, I think it's beautiful in sound and meaning. Hey, which one am I on Cheri's list? I have been readimg her, and she posted a comment on my blog a few days ago. I hope she says who everyone is. Which one are you? Well, got to go. Type to you later :)

Cheri said...

Heh heh, well Miss Charity, supposing you ask ME? :) You are #20 on my list. And yes I'm totally breaking the rules in that you aren't supoosed to tell. But really what are they going to do take my blog away? And Misty...I'm figuring I may be #4 or #6 on yours, or either I just think really highly of myself. LOL

I know a baby named Selah...hee hee, bet I know what blog your read that from...and I do like the name Selah Providence. I am having the hardest times with names for this baby. The name Hannah for a girl keeps coming to my mind but it seems to be such a trendy popular name *sigh* but I think with all the reading I'm doing on prayer I like the heart that Hannah had for prayer and that is why I keep thinking on it.

Ok and now that I've blogged your comments I'm off. :) Tonight is pizza night...yay. :)

The Nurtured Empath said...

Happy Friday Misty!! So were we right???
Baby fever.....it's so contagious!!LOL Are you and hubby quiverfull minded? The day after I give birth, I'm ready again. I will pray for you regarding worrying. I struggle with this also, about money, food, bills, my kids growing up, my mom...you name it! Although, isn't it amazing when you just let go and drop your fears and worries at the feet of our Lord, and throw your hands up and say "here, you carry this!!" how more at peace you feel??!! The power of prayer! I've completely been convicted of leaving my fertitlity in the His hands, but hubby still has troubles...let's that 'worry bug' nip at him (as well as society) but, I just keep on asking the Lord to guide his heart in the right path, we each have our own walk!!
Blessings sister!!!

blessedmama said...

hey girl. i hope you get your selah providence! i think that's a cute name. God bless!

Amy said...

Hey, I like the name, Selah. But our last name starts with "S" so I thought it'd sound funny together.