Monday, January 24, 2005

It's cold outside! I am not looking forward to riding lessons today. We leave the house around 9:20 ish and her lesson starts at 10:00. I guess the littles and I will sit in the van the entire time. I better dress Cami up warmly though. She is going to freeze.

I went grocery shopping yesterday. I bought so much junk food. I guess because it was on sale and I had coupons for it. I can resist most of it, but poor Olaf has no self control. Do you know that my husband eats a piece of chocolate every morning before he eats anything else? He thinks I'm gross for eating pizza for breakfast, but the first thing in his mouth is chocolate. I am amazed at all the food and cleaning stuff and toiletries that we have in this house! I stockpile when something is really cheap, so we have nine tubes of toothpaste under our bathroom counter. We have just as many bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I have four or five huge containers of laundry detergent. It's so nice to spend less than I used to and get so much more.

I weigh in this evening. I have not stayed within points at all this week. I also did not exercise. I hope I didn't gain. I plan on fasting today. I just want to have the Lord help me with self control. What better way to practice self control than fast? God is faithful and He has really been the center of my weight loss effort. I want my eating habits to glorify Him. I do not want to be gluttoneous. The Lord's Table was a good Bible Study about that. I didn't get all the way through it, but it did give me a new perspective on food. It's a free online study if anyone wants to do it.

I just read a great post by Molly Go check it out!

Blessings!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for the compliment, and Amy does have a really REALLY good blog, but the post you referred to from threepennies is actually from Molly. :o) Heeheehee...

Lots of Love,
Molly
http://threepennies.blogdrive.com

Misty said...

I am so sorry Molly. My mind was thinking Molly, but my fingers typed Amy!