Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Hump Day

Olaf goes back to work tomorrow. I'm bummed. He's my best friend and I will miss him.

I fasted today until dinner time. I still managed to eat 20 points at dinner, so I ate a full day's worth! I didn't fast for WW though, I was fasting for other reasons. I have a book by John Piper that I started reading about fasting. It was really good. I tried to find it today, but I cannot locate it in any of my piles of junk. I don't like to have piles, but they seem inevitable in my house. Any surface area that is flat is fare game. I tried Flylady, but my flyswatter killed her. I am doing Motivated Moms, but haven't gotten to the "clear all 2,000 piles of clutter from your kitchen counters."

Thank you to those of you who responded to my plea to visit Cami's Blog. She was so excited to see her counter at 4! Then she had a COMMENT from Dana. Oh, Dana, you made her day! Thank you for being so kind. Any clicks are appreciated. She has no idea I'm begging here;)

I need to run some errands tomorrow. Off to the PO to mail a book (yes, Cheri, there really is a book fairy), then to the pharmacy for Caleb's seizure medicine, then to Office Max to buy some 9X12 envelopes for the fundraiser I am in charge of for Cami's choir. Then we will hit Parable Christian Bookstore because Camille got a $10 gift certificate there and it is burning a hole in her pocket. I don't know what she'll buy for $10, but it will be fun watching her try.

I wore full fledged make-up today. Foundation, blush, eyeliner and mascara. I kind of feel like a transvestite though. It just doesn't feel natural anymore. I used to wear make-up regularly, but I feel kind of self-conscience with it on now. I need to wear my contacts more often. My glasses kind of hide my eyes anyway, so why put on make-up?

It's the kid's bedtime and chaotic here so I need to run. Lots to do... Blessings!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

and now, I *have* to see a picture. LOL :) The book fairy is coming, the book fairy is coming. Yay. :)