Friday, January 28, 2005

Update

My friend Chantell just called. The results of her biopsy were good. They said the cyst is benign and to come back in three months for a follow up ultrasound. Praise God for that good news. On another breast cancer note, another friend of mine who is going through breast cancer treatment right now called me to see if I would make her family a meal next Friday. She starts chemo again on Tuesday. She has four children and homeschools as well. I hate cancer. I really do! I know nothing comes our way that isn't filtered through the providential hands of the Father, but I still hate cancer. Chantell was telling me today about her friend Tim that was just diagnosed with cancer all over his body and has 6 months to live at best. He has a two year old son and his wife is due in April with a baby girl. I am so thankful...so thankful...that we are healthy.

My house is a wreck. I'm not quite sure how it got this way either!:)

This morning I happened to glance up at the calendar that we use to keep track of Caleb's seizure meds. He gets his meds twice a day and we check it off on the calendar. Once in the morning and once at night. Anyway, I notice that there was no check for this morning. So, I call Olaf at work and ask him if he forgot Caleb's meds today. Well it's all a blur. Caleb gets meds twice a day, everyday, and one day just runs into the next. Olaf said he didn't think he gave Caleb's meds to him. So, I loaded up the children and go to Caleb's school (which is about 20 miles one way) to give him his medicine before he falls down and flops for everyone!:) I haven't had a phone call yet, so being late on the meds must not have hurt him this time. He'll probably wait until tonight to have his seizure. We are supposed to get freezing rain and the ambulance won't be able to come. Cynical Misty...

Tante Babel just called. That is Olaf's aunt in Germany. She speaks English fairly well and told me that she wants to come out to visit us in August. That will be a lot of fun. She smokes like a chimney, so she'll have to endure the heat when she wants to smoke. She also is not a Christian and thinks we're in a cult! LOL! Germany is rather pagan, so being a born again Christian is nonsensical to her. I have never met her so I think it would be a lot of fun. Maybe Olaf's brother and sil could come down for a few days as well. That would be great. They think we're crazy too and they live in Queens!:) If you're reading this Ducky, we love you!

Oh, and I started my period today. My hormones should level out in the next day or two and I can be civil again.

Off to clean. Or at least tidy up. Clean is a hard word!:)

1 comment:

Charity said...

Misty, I am glad to hear that Chantell's test was favorable. Cancer is such a scary thing, and you are so right, praise the Lord for the health He has blessed us with. I hope Caleb will be alright, and good luck cleaning. That's what I should be doing right now.