Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Time to update

Today was choir and I just have to brag a minute on Camille. When she was leaving choir they were handing out suckers to the students as they exited. Camille asked if she could have a sucker for her little brother and sister and the girl told her no. So she politely said, "Then I won't get one either." How sweet is that? I am so proud of her. She was "thinking more highly of others than herself." I love to actually see the fruit of our labor! ;)

I have done absolutely nothing today. Well, it seems that way. I did do laundry and dishes, so I guess that is something. Josiah is really tired. On choir days he misses his nap.

Tomorrow night I am going to a Homeschool Tea where the guest speaker will be Cindy Rushton. Most of the ladies from our Bible Study are going. It should be a nice time out for us homeschooling moms! I hope to be refreshed in the Lord and renewed in my enthusiasm for training my children's hearts. It's from 6:30-9:00 pm. WooHoo! Three whole hours including drive time.

I read my chapter in "Calm My Anxious Heart." It was a good one. One quote from the book really hit home. "Quiet tension is not trust. It is simply compressed anxiety." I can look good on the outside, but be horribly anxious on the inside. No one can see it though. I look more spiritual that way. I highly recommend this book. Even if you don't have an "anxiety" problem. It's really a great Bible Study.

OK, husband is home. I need to go and give him some lovin'!

2 comments:

Joyful Mother said...

WTG Camille! And WTG Momma - sounds like you are doing something right! :)

Charity said...

Misty, that was so great to read about Camille, you are doing a wonderful job training her, and she is turning out to be such a sweet girl. Have fun at the Tea tonight, it sounds great. I will miss seeing everyone, but my husband actually took the day off!!!!!!!!!!!!!So I will be spending the day with him. :) Talk to you later! Love, Charity