Saturday, November 13, 2004

Homeschool Tea

Today I took the girls to Tammy's church (where I go for Bible Study) for a homeschool Thanksgiving Tea. It was very nice. I wore my hat that I got last year for Christmas. It's a black quilted hat with red flowers in the front. Needless to say, I was the only one in a hat, but it was fun for me. Ms. Mike prayed and did a devotional, Katie Frost (age 12) dressed up as a pilgrim and did a little speech on what the Pilgrims endured, there was great food and of course, tea. I would say there were about 35 to 40 people there. Everything looked feminine and lovely. Grace, Camille and Mama had a nice time.

If the weather is nice tomorrow, we plan on going to Callaway Gardens and riding bikes again. I haven't exercised all week, so bike riding will be good for me. I will be weighing in on Monday and I am not sure if I have lost or not. We may go to church first or we may just worship at home. Speaking of worshipping, I need to go over my chapter in "Calm My Anxious Heart" again. It's all about loving ME and accepting myself. God created me, including my personality, and "I will praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are Your works and that my soul knows very well." Psalm 139:14 It's so hard to really accept myself sometimes. But, to know that God created me to accomplish His purposes through me, is humbling. No one else can do it...

Blessings!

No comments: