Sunday, November 07, 2004

Grocery Shopping

We went to church this morning and then I did the usual grocery shopping. I only spent $80 for the week, so that is terrific. I bought the sale items at Publix and Kroger and we should be set for the week. Our menu this week includes: poppyseed chicken casserole, meatloaf, a new chicken tortilla skillet, spaghetti and meatballs, sloppy joes, and baked ziti. I got some great bargains using the coupons and buying the sale items. Kroger has Gold Medal 100% Whole Wheat Bread on sale for $1.29 and I had a .55 coupon. I paid .74 for a loaf of bread! I got a 3.5 pound bag of Friskies Cat Food for $1.99. I paid .39 for Hunt's Ketchup after coupon. For Purex Laundry Detergent I paid $1.29 for a box that does 44 loads. It was on sale for $1.99 and I had a .35 coupon which was doubled. Hmmm....what else? I got Hunt's Tomato Sauce for free. I just love this coupon shopping. It's fun to see how much I can save. Oh, and I got Aquafresh Toothpaste for .50!

I am not going to Weight Watchers tomorrow and it's NOT because I gained! LOL! When I started I bought this coupon deal. It is 10 weeks for $99. Well, one of the coupons is for a "free" week. If you miss a week, you can give them that free coupon and then a regular coupon for the next time you go. If I don't use the "free" coupon, it's like I am getting ripped off a week! So, I am skipping tomorrow night.

Heidi at church this morning said something about my weight loss. That was very nice. It's nice when people start noticing.

Need to run. The children have stamps and markers at the table and I'm certain that they are a mess.



No comments: