Monday, October 04, 2004

Weigh In Day

It's Monday and I have to weigh in at Weight Watchers this evening. I know I have gained a bit, but I am not going to let it get me down! No way! I'm in this forever. I am doing good so far, but it's not lunch time yet!

I am doing school with Camille right now. I did lose my temper once when she couldn't use the glue stick without getting it all over herself and everything within a 3 foot radius. Right now she is working on her math worksheet and then we will be almost finished. She still has her devotional for choir to do. We did a Junior Master Gardener project today (which required the glue stick) and made a collage of things that come from plants. This afternoon she will go out and collect leaves so we can see if they are monocot or dicot and then do a leaf rubbing.

Funny story. Last night one of our parakeets escaped and we didn't know it. I went in today to uncover the birds and there was only one in the cage. I looked at the bottom of the cage for a dead bird, but she wasn't there. I turned around and she was sitting on my son's pillow (the birds are in his room). I am thinking she must have gotten out last night when Camille changed the gravel. The door to the gravel dish stays open if its pushed up high enough and Camille just didn't know she was gone when she came back from getting the gravel in the kitchen. Caleb slept last night with a bird flying around his room!

Time to make lunch for the children. We have so much food in the house since I have been coupon clipping and using www.cutouthunger.org I spend so much less and have so much more. It's wonderful! Maybe that's why I didn't lose weight this week.


No comments: