Sunday, October 10, 2004

We're sick!



Blech! Our throats are getting worse, not better. I am coughing up a lung as well and that irritates the throat. Praise the Lord that Gracie and Josiah have a regularly scheduled ENT appointment on Tuesday. It's to check up on the tubes in their ears, but he can also look in all of our throats. Camille's eyes have dark circles under them. She looks horrible. Caleb does not have school tomorrow. It's a teacher's work day. He is going to be mad when he can't ride the bus tomorrow morning.

I went grocery shopping today in spite of being sick. People were staring at me as I tried to cover my mouth the best I could. Needless to say, we didn't go to church. I went to Kroger and to Publix. I spent $172 and saved $110. I bought more groceries than usual this week. I will not need to go again for two weeks...well, besides milk and bread etc. I have been averaging $120 week which is a savings of $80 per week for our family. Included in our grocery budget besides edibles are diapers, pet food and supplies (2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 parakeets and outside birdfood!) The bad thing is I now spend much more time shopping than one trip to WalMart.

Yesterday was productive. Olaf and I cleaned up all the piles of junk in our bedroom. Our bedroom has always been the "catch all" for everything. Boy did we stir up some dust. I'm sure that didn't help my sickness as well. Olaf also bathed and shaved Deacon. No easy task.

OK, off to make "fluff." It's a low point goodie that I can eat on WW. I sure hope I lost a little weight this week. I think I hit the dreaded plateau. I'll post tomorrow night and let you know!

1 comment:

Rebekah Castleberry said...

I hope and pray you're all feeling better soon!! We all have some sort of stomach bug over here. Yuck!!! I hope the ENT appointments go well!