Friday, October 29, 2004

The Sound of Silence

Hello darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.


Sorry! I just had to sing. Once I get a song trapped in my head, it HAS to come out. Maybe the titles to my blogs will all be songs and then you'll have them stuck in your head as well. The reason I wrote that title is because I am currently home all alone. My husband has so graciously taken all the children to Caleb's last baseball game of the season. I really wanted to stay home and get some things accomplished. Like my Bible Study and prayer. By the way, if you have a prayer request, please leave a comment below and I certainly will add it to my list. I have been praying about homeschooling and my relationship with Camille. Please, if you feel led, pray for me. It's too much to get into here, but God knows what I need. It's so neat how God works because this week's chapter in our Bible Study is all about not being anxious. I need to choose to give my anxieties to God, choose to pray specifically, choose to be thankful, and choose to dwell on the positive. The timing of this chapter is just SO awesome in my life right now. So much is going on in different areas of my life and I desperately need to CHOOSE all of those things above.

Camille did get school done today. We learned about Connecticut, the 5th state admitted to the Union. (We are learning about all 50 states in the order in which they were admitted) She wrote a creative story using good sentences with correct punctuation. She did a math page without getting too upset on the division problems which had 6 as a divisor! Last, but not least, she wrote her spelling words out on a sheet of notebook paper.

As I end this to go soak in a hot tub...
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, WITH THANKSGIVING, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and MINDS through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue or anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things. Phil 4:6-8

No comments: