Friday, October 08, 2004

My brother's birthday

Today is my brother's birthday. He is 43 years old, lives with my mother, divorced, an alcoholic and drug user, never held a job for more than months at a time, been in jail, has warrants out for his arrest and has three children. Two of them are adults and model their lives after my brother, the other is a precious four year old girl that doesn't have a chance at a normal life. But, to beat that, he claims to be a born again Christian. What do you think? "By their fruits you shall know them." Sorry if I sound cynical, but in my opinion he really needs the Lord. Please pray for him if you read this.

Camille and I are getting a virus. We both have sore throats and feel like a truck hit us. Motrin does wonders, but when it wears off then we feel yucky again. Caleb still says his throat is sore as well. I'm not sure about Gracie and Josiah. They sound a little "chesty." I think what did me in was when I mowed the lawn today. It was just too much physical work for being sick. The lawn looks good though:)

Camille did Language Arts and Math today. I really need to start reading out loud to her on a regular basis again. It's hit or miss right now. We need to finish "Little Women." What a great book!

The presidential debate is playing behind me. I absolutely despise listening to these men demean each other. C'mon fellas! One is a Republican, the other a Democrat. Different views...always have been...always will be! Get on with it without being so darn mean to each other. Tell me what you will do and not what your opponent cannot do! Yes I vote. For the lesser of two evils. I am trying not to complain but I guess I'm not doing a very good job of it!

Blessings to all of you.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know that I have read your blog and that I am thankful the Lord put us together to share in each others ups and downs. You are a great friend and I have enjoyed reading your homeschooling journey notes so far. Your friends, children and husband are blessed to know you. You are an incredible person, sincere Christian, devoted wife, loving mother and great friend.

In Jesus,
Wendy

Rebekah Castleberry said...

Hello, Misty! I too felt the way you did during the debates. It seems they're getting nastier with each election. :-( I will certainly be in prayer for your brother. Have a blessed Lord's Day!!