Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Another Day of School!


Camille did spelling with a test, more puncuation and comma review, a math worksheet, and we started learning about Squanto. Then the children went with me to WalMart and she helped me figure out how much the grapes would cost for 2 pounds at $1.36 a pound. I had to go to WalMart for a few things including a new iron. The cord on the old iron was getting so hot it would burn my arm as I tried to iron. So, we went to Consumers Reports, looked at the Best Buys, and bought a Black and Decker digital iron for about $40. The magazine said it was $50, so we even got a better deal than expected. I like to iron and am thinking of seeing if anyone would be willing to pay $2 per shirt to be ironed. What made me think of it was a post on the homeschool e-mail list. A lady offered someone $30 to iron a laundry basket full of clothes. She said she hates ironing. Maybe I'll post on the Eagles Nest e-mail loop and see if I get a response. I'm not sure what it costs to actually have a shirt dry cleaned, so I have to do a little research.

Olaf stayed home today, but he is actually feeling a little better this afternoon. I think he is on the upswing of this virus.

I am excited about a new show on TV tonight. It's called The Biggest Loser and its all about fat people losing weight. I hope it inspires me!:) I'm not sure what network it's on.

Josiah just came up to me and told me he wanted to go poo poo on the potty. So I sat him on the potty and sure enough...he did. I am thankful because it was runny! What a big boy! He's 21 months old.

Please sign my guestbook if you come by! It's the only way I know you've been here.

Blessings!

No comments: