Saturday, October 30, 2004

Saturday...in the park...

you'd think it was the 4th of July.
People dancing, people laughing
A man selling ice cream
Singing Italian songs
Can you dig it (yes, I can)
And I’ve been waiting such a long time
For Saturday

Did I do it to you again? Is that song stuck in your head? LOL!

Today was productive. Olaf changed the oil in both the vehicles. I cleaned our master bathroom from top to bottom. Then we ate at Chili's. It was very good, but I ate too much. I ordered their No Guilt Pita (which is delicious) but I also ate some blooming onion! I am really full. I did walk this morning, so that's good! Josiah ate ketchup for supper. I think that is the only thing he has eaten today. I am amazed that toddlers can live eating the way they do. He certainly isn't too skinny. I think he is about 30 pounds now. Gracie is about 38 pounds and she is 19 months older.

I was reading my "An Encouraging Word" magazine this evening and was so blessed about an article on friendship. The title of the article was "Sisters: Working Together, Walking Together" There was a paragraph that spoke to me. It says, "If you value the relationship, be ready and willing to admit your error and be humble enough to sincerely ask forgiveness for specific sins you will inevitably commit if you walk together with anyone for any length of time." My Dear Sisters, if I caused offense to any of you, for any reason, please forgive me. A dear sister in the Lord has recently ended a friendship with me for reasons that she feels are important. She has seen sin in my life and felt it was best to part ways. I have never met this woman face to face. Ours was a longtime internet friendship. It's hard to judge motives and thoughts and tone through the written word, and I can understand why that would lend itself to misinterpretation. Nonetheless, she is convinced that I am "more of a strain to deal with than an enjoyment." I am asking you, my dear friends, to never let it get to that point in our friendship. Confront me, rebuke me, and show me grace. I am the chief of all sinners. I am heartbroken about her ending our friendship, escpecially with the words she used to end it. But I know that God is good and His plan for me is good. And that must include the end of this relationship. It's good for her as well. Praise be to God!

Blessings!

No comments: