Sunday, November 20, 2005

The wedding was...

fabulous. Short, sweet, and the bride looked lovely. I have uploaded pictures to my Flickr account. They are marked for Friends and Family, so if you aren't on my contact list make sure to e-mail me. We tried desperately to put some curl in my hair. HA! I used a can of hairspray and still HA! I have hair like an Asian woman. Straight as a board and black as the night. I got home early...somewhere around 9:00. The children were still up waiting for me. I'm glad I got to see them before they went to bed.

Olaf has decided that he wants to hang up our outside Christmas lights today. We don't do a lot of decorating. We just put out a nativity scene with a lighted star and then do some lights in the tree. The children are thrilled. Christmas is so much fun for them.

Caleb has the entire week off from school this week. In the past he has only had Thursday and Friday off, but they are trying something new this year. He has less Christmas vacation though. We are toying with the idea of flying to Oregon for Thanksgiving, but the car rental is over $400. We really can't afford that.

~~~~~~~~~~8 hours later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We just got back from a first ever family event. We went to the movie theater and saw Chicken Little. The last time we went to the theater was to see Toy Story 2. Caleb was about 5 years old and he FLIPPED out. We haven't attempted a movie since. But today we tried it. And you know what? Caleb loved that movie. He laughed all the way through it. Especially at the pig. How did we get from putting up Christmas lights to the movies you ask? We didn't have anything in the house to eat so we decided to get lunch and then go to Target to buy some more Christmas lights. After lunch we passed the movie theater and I (on a whim) said, "Hey! Let's go see Chicken Little!" Thus, the diversion to the movie theater. We did go to Target and buy the lights. Then to the grocery store to buy some grub. Now we are back home and it's too dark to put up the Christmas lights...and it's raining.

So, here's to a long day but memorable day!:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I'm so glad Caleb enjoyed the movie, too!!! Check out my blog :). Much love to you and a happy Thanksgiving week.

Misty said...

I don't see any pics of you?? Surely you have proof you got all gussied up... :o) How did you do with the toast?