Monday, November 07, 2005

My blessings and me

Mothers Day 1995

Dear Lord,
I don't know why you are withholding the blessing of children in my life. I long desperately to be a mother. We have prayed for years for a child and yet, in your sovereignty, you have closed my womb. Lord, direct our path. We have our adoption application in Lord. Bring to us the child that is meant for our family. We are trusting in Your perfect timing, but it's difficult at times. Help me to focus on You Father.


After praying this prayer, Olaf and I drove up to Helen, GA so I could pout. I couldn't go to church on Mothers Day. It was too painful. It was a reminder of what I didn't have. What I so deperately wanted. So we played hookie from church and drove up to the mountains of GA. We went to Anna Ruby Falls. It was raining that day. The day matched my mood. Dreary, pitiful, sad. Olaf took my picture. I forced a smile.

Fast Forward....


Oct 16, 2005

Dear Lord,
Thank you God for the blessing of not one, not two, not three, but FOUR children. You have certainly blessed me indeed! I pray for more blessings Lord. Open my womb again for Your glory. Thank you and praise Your Holy Name!


We went to Anna Ruby Falls again. This time I took my picture with my blessings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tears are in my eyes......tears of joy! for God's abundant goodness. You are a blessed woman. May God bring BOTH of us the children we desire.

Anonymous said...

I am currently praying prayers similar to your first one. I look forward to the day when I see how God answers those prayers. Thank you for sharing...it gives me hope.

Anonymous said...

Misty, I love that picture! The smile on YOUR face is just priceless!! Your kids are pretty cute, too!

Misty said...

You're making me cry... not a good thing since I'm at work. And you're expressing my thoughts. Let's both pray blessings for each other. Two Misty's are better than one!