Sunday, November 27, 2005

Everyone is sick, sick, sick

See! I told you we'd all get it! But poor Josiah and Gracie got the worst of it. They started running fevers Thursday night and Friday night Josiah had croup. He has no voice whatsoever and that dry barky cough. His breathing is fairly labored and very loud. I called the nurse last night who told me to take him to the ER immediately. I drive to the only po dunk hospital we have and it was slap full of the Crips, Bloods, and highly infectious children. I turned around and walked out. I didn't even sign in. I figured if he got worse in the middle of the night I would take him then and hope that the ER would be semi cleared. But once he fell asleep, he sounded better. His breathing is still labored but his color is good. Needless to say, we have spent the entire holiday weekend inside not doing much. We did decorate the house for Christmas minus the tree. (Go to FLickr if you are a contact to see) We get our tree the first weekend of December at a local tree farm. There will never be an artifical tree in our home. Never. We watched The Polar Express fifty two thousand times.

Olaf may get to go see the new Narnia movie a week early. They may be having a screening in Atlanta for VIP's and he is on the list to go! WooHoo! It's not set in stone (pun intended for those of you who know the story) but if it happens it will be this Saturday. The movie opens December 9th and I am so excited about it. I cannot wait.

8 comments:

Amie said...

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog. have youever heard of Gentle Christian Mothers? you would probley love it, it is like Mothering Magizine, just Christian.

I hope that you family gets to feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor chitlins!!! We have been sick toooooooo. Nutty. I hope Josiah especially gets better soon. Being an asthmatic I know how horrible it is when you can't breathe well.

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys are all feeling better soon! I'm getting excited about the movie, too. We're actually getting a real date-night to go see it, dinner out and everything. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are sick there! Tommy had croup in Jan. this year. I never used the neb, but I would have if I had to. Add me to your flickr contact list. I am under Palmer4031 or N Palmer. I would like to see your pics!

Gem said...

When my kids got croup, the ped said to bundle them up and take them out on the porch or hold them in front of the open freezer if it wasn't cold outside. Then run a hot shower and have them breath the steam. The shock between the two helps open the bronchial tubes.

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas decs are lovely. I really enjoy the Willow Tree nativity. I'd like to get one some day. Cool menorah. Why is Hannukah so late this year?

Misty said...

Why don't I see your Christmas pics? :o( I can see all the previous ones.
I tried to win tickets to an early screening of Narnia on the radio. Of course I couldn't get through. Oh well. I'll have to wait just like everyone else.

Unknown said...

Well, it would be good if I had a digital camera. How about Stu has one for work and it the card can only be read on his laptop computer...which he doesn't bring home all the time. Celeste got a digital for her bday, but we don't have a cardreader for it. And I'm the one who scrapbooks...go figure!