Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Biggest Loser

Wish it were me! Are you sick of me complaining about my weight yet? OK, I'll shut up.

Stampin' Up! put their catalog ONLINE. WooHoo. That may make it easier for me to stay active. Although, I have gained 2 really good customers from that little soiree I did last month.

I just sent the girls back to bed. It's 6:45 am and they are trying to get up! No way Jose.

Yesterday, while I was grocery shopping, the children were outside playing with Caleb's wheelchair. They were giving rides to each other up and down the driveway. (You moms know what's coming, don't ya?) Well, Camille decided to let Grace (4 years old) push Josiah (2 years old). We have a steep hill at the end of our driveway that goes into the backyard. At the end of that steep hill is either: a. a fence or b. the trampoline. You guessed it. Grace pushed Joisah down the hill and he ran into b. He has a goose egg on his head and a scratch down the side of his face. And guess what? Our homeschool pictures are scheduled for tomorrow. Figures.

Alicia posted on her blog that her child, who is the same age as Josiah, has started to tell knock knock jokes. I thought that was funny because Josiah has started the same thing.

Josiah - Knock Knock
Me - Who's there?
Josiah - Banana
Me - Banana who?
Josiah - Banana from a store.

Laughs hysertically!

I need to dust today. That will be my goal. You see, I hate to dust. Yes, I let the children help me because they LOVE to spray the Pledge. But they can't get the picture frames and the high spots and the cobwebs. Or vacuum the ceiling fan or the air intake for the duct work. My celing fans are gross. I really have to keep on top of them or they are one dusty mess.

I never made it to Kohls yesterday. If I went I knew I'd spend money that we don't have. I'll take Olaf with me and then he can spend the money we don't have. He loves to shop. Yes, that's right. My husband loves to shop. If we go to Kohls he is the one putting stuff in the cart. That makes me happy:)

Oh, I almost cried last night when that family with the cute children were eliminated from the Amazing Race. Those little children were precious. And the parents were so sweet and kind to each other and to the children. Watching that little girl hold back her tears was so hard to watch as a parent. They did terrific though. It was that darn coffee bean that killed them. And that New York family is still there. Oh, I wish they would get knocked off! They drive me NUTS. They complain all the time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Misty,
You crack me up girl! I hate to dust, so we must be kindred souls on that. My house is so dusty, I know it is time to pull out the pledge when you can write your name on the furniture. The couple we bought our house from told us a secret to hide the dust on your ceiling fan when you have company. Just make sure the fan is always on! This way, nobody can see the dust! Genius

Anonymous said...

My husband AND children hate to shop. I try to do it alone or with a girlfriend. LOL!

Yay for SU online!

Anonymous said...

I did cry!! I think that the dad was so great to say, "we don't give up until the end..." and teaching the kids all those great lessons along the way!

Cheri said...

ceiling fans and baseboards are the bane of my existance. BUT you can put a wee bit of pledge on a dust rag and after vaccuming the ceiling fans wipe them down and that helps repel the dust for a while. :) Donald or I neither one are big shoppers. I think I missed that girl gene. I mean I like stuff, but I don't like spending all day at the mall etc. ;) Too funny on the knock knock joke. Elijah just turned 3 and has FINALLY started talking somewhat...he and Daniel both have been late talkers, after Nathan was spouting off the solar system and parasaraolophus (sp,,badly) at 2.

Anonymous said...

My eldest daughter loves to dust so much that one day when we went to the dollar store I told her she could pick out one thing; anything she wanted. She picked out a packed of dusting cloths!!!!! BTW.....Pledge is HORRIBLE for your wood. It will destroy it over time. Endust, Lemon Oil, or Old English are good for wood tho.

Anonymous said...

You bet I'm sick of you complaining about it Miss Misty! You need to do somehting about it!

*I'm so evil*

But I'm only syaing this cause I love you and you know it :)

Anonymous said...

The best is when your daughter (or husband) throws a toy or something into the ceiling fan and dust bunnies the size of Rhode Island come wafting down like snow flakes. Recent occurance at our home. :)