Thursday, November 17, 2005

Tonight at Bible Study we will be celebrating MY birthday. WooHoo! Too bad I started dieting on Tuesday. I totally plan on skipping dinner so I can indulge in a little of the tasty treats that will be there.

Thank you to everyone who put a pin in my map. I think I got seven responses to my plea. Muah!

Yesterday Olaf was gone from 5:45 am to after 6:00 pm. Yuck! I would really hate it if he had to work that long every night. Who knows? If Delta goes under he may have to. But right now I don't like it. I guess I am just spoiled. I am selfish beyond belief. This "die to self" part of being a Christian is not pleasant and I am certain that it will never be. I know there are people who have attained the ideal of "it's a ministry to my family and therefore a blessing to me" but I'm still at the "this sucks" stage. I mean, I have my good days too. And I really do try to keep a Godly perspective at all times (isn't that what this is all about anyway?), but I do have my pity party days and yesterday was one of them. It's when I start comparing my life to "others" that I get into trouble. We choose to homeschool our children. That means my children are with me 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. There is no "break time" for Mama. People who choose to send their children to government schools have at least 6 hours of time away from their children where they can grocery shop, clean the house, whatever... Even children as young as three are going to pre-school. On the other hand, I get up in the morning, make breakfast, and then start teaching my fourth grader how to find the greatest common factor and the least common denominator. We read history together and learn all about commas and direct quotations in Language Arts. I try to clean the house with my children...to train them for the day that they will run their own households. Yes, that makes for slow going at times. By the time lunch is finished, well it's time to start supper. My man likes to have supper ready when he comes home. We eat supper between 4:30-5:00 pm every night. In order to do that I need to start thinking about it by 2:00. Thankfully baseball is over for both children and the only extra thing going on is horseback riding. If I had to run around on top of everything else, I think I'd drop. I love my family desperately. I am SO blessed by the wonderful man I married and the children that God has so graciously given me. I need to focus on THAT and put my big girl panties on deal with it. So forgive the rant. I'll shut up now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I put a pin in your map...

I know how you feel. I am with my children all of the time, too. I do get out from time to time b/c I have a 14 year old daughter who's a wonderful babysitter. Thank the Lord! I never imagined myself homeschooling. The hardest part of it is that you're home ALL day. I used to work full time until I had #3. My first husband wouldn't let me stay home. I am thankful that I can do that now. I endeavor to follow God's leading. Even if it is minute by minute b/c that's all I can muster ;).

Anonymous said...

I can so relate. It does get easier when the children get a little older. But that also brings up new things to do and to consider. Wait til they become teenagers! LOL! I once had a lady approach me at the library and tell me that she puts her children in pre-school so she doesn't have to take them with her. I politely told her that I actually love having my children with me.

Anonymous said...

(((Misty))) I've been thinking a lot on the same kind of stuff you just wrote . . . right now I'm just so thankful Noelle still takes a great nap in the afternoon so I get at least 2 hours uninterupted! It's hard to forget to remind myself that it is SO WORTH IT to be home with my girl.

Cheri said...

I hope today was better. I got my card. THANK YOU SO MUCHEE!!! I so relate to your day and your thinking. I often struggle that I don't have that 'perfect' attitude about it.