Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's almost Thanksgiving


I took that graphic from Liberty. Thanks girl!:) Well, today is pie baking day in most homes. When I was growing up my mom always made pies the day before Thanksgiving. And she made a lot of them. Pecan, Apple, Cherry, Pumpkin. I have never been a pie girl though. I mean, I will eat a piece but it isn't my favorite. Unless it is Strawberry Rhubarb. Then I'll eat more than one piece. And mom never made Strawberry Rhubarb. I, on the other hand, will be picking up two pies from a local bakery! Olaf will most likely make the Pumpkin Pie tonight. He makes it with fresh pumpkin (in the freezer from our pumpkin carving contest) because it tastes better that way. One year he even made his own crust!

I am eating a Clementine right now. They are the best little things ever! They are usually sold in a crate (not by the pound) in the produce department. They look like a tangerine but SO MUCH BETTER. No seeds and sweet as candy.

If you like to laugh you really must read Sara's blog on a regular basis. I love her. She is a young (20 something) single woman who loves the Lord, but is hilariously funny. Her mama did a good job raising her!:)

Well, happy baking! Peace Out (done in the voice of Kip from Napoleon Dynamite).

3 comments:

Misty said...

I LOVE pie! Hence the need for Weight Watchers. :o) Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Cheri said...

I hope you have a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving my friend!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Here we go again......MY favorite pie is Strawberry Rhubarb too!!!!! This is just nutty!