Saturday, April 30, 2005

I got to chat with Cheri last night. That was fun. I have made so many good friends at wah. If you are a Christian woman you must go visit the boards. The women there are so much fun and yet so real in their relationship with Christ. Even if you are not a Christian woman go visit anyway.

Still not sure what we are doing about the concert tomorrow. We are trying to give the tickets away. Sorry, Dana. If you were here I'd give them to you.

Want to see what I bought my mom for Mother's Day? Here it is. I got her the medium one in the pink with her name monogramed on it. Then, being the ever so clever person that I am, filled it with all kinds of things that are from Georgia. (My mom is in Oregon!) I bought country grits and peach preserves from Callaway Gardens. A Southern cookbook. Yankee candles, Peach scented. Another candle that was made here in GA and the fragrance is called Kudzu Blossom. (You cannot get any more Georgian that Kudzu!) Lots of pecan candies and stuff like that. Knowing my mother she won't be at all impresed though!:) I'm quite certain that Olaf hasn't bought my Mother's Day present yet. I have been indecisive in telling him exactly what I want. I used to just let him buy me whatever he wanted and every year it was the same thing. A candle or Bath and Body Works. Nice gifts, don't get me wrong. But sometimes a little variation is good. Now I just tell him what I want! LOL! Last year I hinted heavily at the lilac bush. Oh, I drove by our old house yesterday. We planted lilac bushes there when we first moved in so they are 11 years old now. They were HUGE! I went up to the house and talked to the people that live there and asked if I could cut a few. They smell wonderful. Olaf did such a great job landscaping our first home. A friend from New York sent us three lilac bushes through a nursery as a house warming gift. I wish we would have dug them up and taken them when we moved 7 years ago. Olaf wants to drive by the house and see the fruition of his work! He will be proud.

Olaf is still sleeping. He'll be grumpy when he gets up. If he sleeps in, he is not in a good mood. And he is tired all day too. Oh well. I feel sorry for the man because he rarely gets more than 6 hours sleep a night. He's working on 10 right now!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like that gift you got your Mom. :) My Mom is so hard to buy for . . . and her birthday this year is the day before Mother's Day!

Cheryl said...

Wish I lived by you cause I'd LOVE to see Tree63 and Chris Tomlin in concert! Aren't the W@H girls the best! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

That's a great gift. I sure hope your mom doesn't read your blog. It will kill the surprise!

Anonymous said...

Misty--great gift for your Mom!

I'm still trying to decide what to do for my Mom. She lives with us, and my sister is arriving from California on Friday to stay for a week. I need to plan something for the two of them.