Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Holy Pontiff and other ponderings...

His official Latin title is Pontifex Maximus, originally the title of the chief of the ancient pre-Christian Roman high priests or "bridge-builders." Pope Benedict XVI has been elected as the new Pontiff of the Catholic Church. Let's all pray for the man!

Sorry I haven't blogged for awhile. Something always sweeps me away (namely four children and one husband) and I don't seem to get "back to what I was doing." I weighed in last night. I was pleased.

Olaf's cardiologist appointment is scheduled for May 5th? So please pray about that as well. I'm believing God! Which brings me to another topic...Believing God. I am doing the Beth Moore study online and it is really good! I finished watching the week three video and it has really hit home with me this week. The two points that have really stuck with me are:
1. Keep believing God for a miracle and
2. give Him every opportunity through your faith to perform the one you desire.
That doesn't mean He WILL give me my miracle, but it won't stop me from believing He will! And when He does answer me I can KNOW that His answer is BETTER than anything I can request. Hallelujah!

I have a dentist appointment on Thursday. I need a new crown. I am not excited about going, but I know it will only get worse if I don't go. I don't like to think about it because I get a bit nervous, so I'm changing the subject now.

I think we are going to CiCi's for dinner this evening. I will have a salad and probably two slices of pizza. For lunch I had flour tortillas (3 points for two) with pinto beans (1 point for 1/2 cup) and cheese (3 points.) They were yummy. I did my new cardio workout and fumbled through the step aerobics. I rewound it and watched her do that part again. I am hoping in a few more workouts I will be an old pro at it! In the meantime I feel like I'm missing half the workout! I can't wait for my TansFIRMer to get here! I still haven't seen the infomercial and I really want to see Carla on it! She is MY inspiration!

If you can pray for Katie Rose, I'd appreciate it. This is one of my daughter's penpals in California. What a precious little girl. We want to go out and visit her but have not contacted the family about it yet. She is in San Diego so it would be a long trip for Camille and myself.

My friend Mari is sending me clothes! I love free clothes. Better still, these clothes are all from Nordstrom! WooHoo! I have never bought a thing in that store so I feel like a kid in a candy shop. Hopefully they will only fit me through the summer then I will be too small for them. I will certainly pass them on to another grateful soul though. And Mari, if you are reading, I *heart* you!

Have a blessed day everyone.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Misty, great job on your weight loss. I think it's so cool that you are loving the FIRM. Maybe you can be in their next infomercial? :) Hope you are having a great day, and I hope you can still come to Bible study on Thursday, even if you can't talk.
:(