Sunday, April 03, 2005

Did you notice my eyebrows?

I bet you did if you have an eye for fashion. I have the world's bushiest eyebrows. I wax them between my eyes so I don't have a unibrow, but I refuse to "shape" them. I'm not into pain. At all. I wonder what I would look like if I did shape them up a bit? Feedback from the fashion pros please. Also, do I look like someone you know? Maybe an aunt or a friend or your cousin? I seem to have a "familiar" face. Mari just said so in a comment down below. And it isn't the first time. I have been told more times than I can count that I look like someone. I have been told several times that I look like Jamie Lee Curtis. I don't see that at all. (But boy howdy I wish!) I have also been told that I look like Carly Simon. I think it's my big mouth, but I think she's pretty so I take that as a compliment. And once, someone told me I look like Katarina Witt. I'm NOT complaining people. *Ü*

Olaf is moving now. He will be going to work tomorrow. He is still in pain, but at least he can walk. Caleb is on spring break this week and the time change has thrown the schedule off kilter a bit. Josiah is behind me playing with his Thomas set and it's pushing 10:00 pm. I have no idea when he will actually go to bed. And to top it off, I am SO craving chocolate. I want a big old candy bar of some sort. With that being said, I am really going to try to stay on points next week. I have to lose the rest of this weight. I'm half way there and I am not quitting now.

I started the Believing God Bible Study with the Women at Home gals. I think it will be good for me. I even have a blinkie that Becky made!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
She is so awesome. I love Becky and I have never met her in person.

It's late and I need to get that child in bed. Many blessings to all of you. And don't forget to post a comment regarding the eyebrows!

7 comments:

Cheri said...

I can totally see Katarina Witt or Jamie Lee Curtis. Not so much Carley Simon. And GIRL, please, just shape your brows already. There is NO excuse for unshaped brows -none-. Take some advil about an hour before you go, deaden the area with orajel...do what you have to do. BUT MY STARS if you gave birth naturally, you can surely get your brows shaped. ;)

Charity said...

Yeah, you're gorgeaus, we know... Your eyebrows thing cracks me up. My hair was so blonde growing up that you could barely see my eyebrows and my older brother always used to tease me that I was a freak and didn't have any. I would have been glad to have yours. My hair has gotten darker with every baby and they are at least visible now(with the help of some brow powder). Just pluck them, it's a really easy way to "smooth" out your appearance and emphasis your beautiful eyes. (Like you need any help there, Little Miss Eyelashes) ;)

Anonymous said...

OH MY STARS - Cheri cracks me up, but, I'd say she is right about giving birth - if you can do that, you can do your brows. LOL!

I just started plucking mine for the first time last September just because I figured it was time. I was surprised at the difference it made in how I looked. I haven't tried waxing but I might since Ashley says it isn't difficult - I worry about ripping them all off, LOL!

I started the Believing God study on Saturday - it is going to be incredible!! Have a great day - I love you!!

Stephanie said...

Totally laughing at Cheri! FYI - I don't shape or pluck, but then 99% of the time I wear my big black glasses and you can't even see my eyebrows. The only time you can see them is when I wear contacts which is not very often. And the only time I tried self-waxing it was a HUGE disaster . . . wax and cotton balls all stuck to my forehead. Do not go there! It's worth the $10 or so to have someone else do them in my opinion. :-)

And I can see the Katarine Witt!

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend...Call me simple, but I go by the motto "If it aint broke don't fix it". Why pluck, wax, or perform minor surgery on your eyebrows? I think you're beautiful just the way you are.
I love you!

Charity said...

Misty, I'm starting to think that "Anonymous" guy might have a crush on you. Does your husband know? ;P

The Nurtured Empath said...

Hi Misty!
I think your brows are fine!! I suffer from unibrow-syndrome as well, I choose plucking!!LOL
Besides, aren't the eighties making a comeback?? Thick and full brows are a must! If you do wax, get some EMLA cream, trust me you won't feel a thing! Have a great rest of the week!! God bless :)