Friday, January 20, 2006

That man is going to kill me

Olaf calls me from his cell phone this afternoon and says he's coming home. He doesn't feel well. I ask him what his symptoms are and he starts listing them:

His face, lips, and chin are numb.
His forearms and hands are numb.
His legs are numb.
He is having trouble speaking.
He is dizzy and disoriented.
He feels drunk.

Uh...HELLO??? Drive to the ER buddy and I'll meet you there. I have to say the ER experience today was wonderful. They took him back immediately upon leaving triage and by the time I did the insurance paperwork the doctor was already in with him. They did blood work, a CT Scan of his head, an EKG, and a chest X-Ray. All the tests came back normal, but his symptoms are still persisting. The ER doctor wants him to see a neurologist. He went to bed at 7:30 tonight and I hoping some sleep will help him feel better tomorrow.

So, back up with me for a minute. As I was walking into the ER I remember I had Dana's number programmed in my cell phone. So I call her and ask her to put Olaf on Women at Home's prayer board. I KNEW the women there would be praying for him. Not only did she immediately post to the board for me, she called me to see how everything was going. I have never met this woman in real life but she took the time to call me. Then, just a few hours later, another friend that I met on the board called. Yes, I got to talk to my twin separated at birth, Dawn! What a blessing it was for yet another woman, who I have never met in real life, to call and make sure everyting was OK. I am humbled. Truly humbled. Thank you ladies for caring about my family. It means so much to me. So...

Dawn and I talked for a long while on the phone. You see, we have a lot in common. My name is Misty Dawn Marie and her name is Dawn Marie. We are both tall. We love the same TV shows, strawberry rhubarb pie, and we both crave alcohol when we are pregnant. How is that for too weird? The similarities are uncanny which we just laughed about tonight on the phone. To make things even better, she has family that lives less than 20 minutes from my house. She has a reason to come visit. I may get to meet her someday! Woo Hoo!

I really need to get the chores done and get to bed. I just wanted to let everyone know what was happening here. I'll keep you posted on Olaf's progress. Please pray for him.

No comments: