Wednesday, January 18, 2006

One of "those" days

You know...the day that your 4th grade daughter decides that one of her long division problems has actually come from the pit of hell and is oppressing her spiritually. Camille worked on ONE long division problem for well over two hours today. She was able to complete her fractions with no problem. She is subtracting mixed numbers with borrowing for Pete's sake...no problem. She completed 5 long division problems easily. And then came the problem from the pit. 11,112 ÷ 24. She didn't have an ounce of trouble with 18,532 ÷ 79 though. Go figure. I was aggravated, she was aggravated. I contemplated running away to St. Thomas for a month, she contemplated calling Children's Services to go into foster care by choice. It was just one of those days. On top of that the day only got worse. Spilled Coke in the van, spilled Sprite on the hardwood floor, Caleb is sick, and I am premenstrual. Olaf came home from work and I went away. Away to the place I love to be when I'm mad. Away to Target, the Dollar Store, and Big Lots. I now have 3 sets of flashcards, shampoo and conditioner, some stickers, and computer paper. Do I feel better? Why, yes I do thankyouverymuch. Spending money is my therapy. Even if it was only a few bucks.

No comments: