Wednesday, January 11, 2006

80's assault

My friend, Becky, e-mailed me and through the course of our conversation she reminded me of a few 80's hits. Do you remember Icicle Works? You know their song "Whisper to a Scream?" The real title is "Birds Fly" but most people don't know that. Anyway you can listen to a clip here. She also reminded me of Slade's "Run Runaway". I think Becky and I should hang out more often. We could get into a lot of trouble together. What do you think Dana? Now I want some sort of compilation album of obscure 80's hits.

I went to the Dollar Tree last night and bought some computer games for the children. I also bought Camille some classic books like Ivanhoe, Robinson Crusoe, Kidnapped, Gulliver's Travels, and The Three Musketeers. She is in book heaven. I love the Dollar Tree. It has to be one of my very favorite stores. You just never know what you are going to find there. It's like a treasure hunt. I bought Grace a Disney Princess Math Workbook. It has simple addition in it. She did about 5 of the problems today before she decided she didn't want to do it anymore. I think adding at age four is pretty good. One of the great things about educating your children at home is buying wookbooks at the Dollar Store!:)

I need to go read my book for my Bible Study tomorrow. It's a long chapter and I haven't even started it. Since it is national delurking week, y'all need to leave a comment. It's real easy to do. I promise it won't kill ya. So, if you always leave a comment, or never do...you must leave a comment this time! Yes, even you Tammy Settlemier!

No comments: