Monday, March 14, 2005

It's gonna be a LONG day.

My little Josiah has been awake since about 5:30 am. He is still lying in his bed right now at 6:50. I refuse to get that boy up so early. He is going to be cranky today. I'm not sure if we will go riding this morning or not. There were some pretty strong thunderstorms last night and a chance for more today. Camille will be disappointed.

Yesterday I cleaned a bit while Olaf did the dog. (pics below!) I actually *mopped* the kitchen floor. Can I hear a Hallelujah? I desperately need to wipe down the kitchen cabinets and clean out the fridge. I'd like to tackle the endless piles of crapola that accumulate on every flat surface in my house. Whenever I clean the piles I have no place to put the stuff I really want to keep. I am *that* disorganized. Yes, I know about the Fly Lady. Yes, I have read every Emilie Barnes book. I am getting better actually. I used to be a complete messy. Before we had children, we would let the dishes sit in the sink until we ran out of silverware. YUCK! I cannot imagine doing that now. So, as I have aged, it has gotten better. It's just the piles that keep sneaking up on me. And my husband is one of the best "pilers" I know. We pile the mail, pile grocery receipts, pile coupons, pile manufacturer's booklets for small appliances, pile the pull out from the Barbie we bought...you get the idea.

Caleb just got on the bus. He is so mad now when his normal "small" bus picks him up. There was a time when that bus was broken down and he was riding the big bus. Remember me writing about that? When he saw the small bus pull up this morning he kicked his feet and walked as slowly as possible to the bus. He was muttering the whole way, "No! Big bus." I wanted to run out there and whoop his rear because there were a pile of cars behind his bus waiting for him to board! All weekend long he asked to go to school. We must be a very boring family. It scares me that he likes school so much, but then again, I'm glad that he does. It's a double edged sword for me.

Kate left a comment on my blog yesterday. I don't know her or how she even arrived at my blog, but her little boy (about age four-ish) loves Devo. Remember them from the 80's? There is a photo of him on the blog wearing the red "energy dome" aka weird hat they used to wear. I didn't read much of her blog, so visit at your own risk:0)

Weight Watchers tonight. Big gain. Still. I am going though. When Josiah takes a nap I am going to do the FIRM Cardio Sculpt. 55 minutes of pure torture. Good for the body but hurts like the dickens. My husband maintained this week eating like a hog. Good for him.

Have a great day.
Misty

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Noelle was chirping at 5:50 this morning . . . the sun coming up earlier has messed her up! :-)

Stephanie said...

Noelle was chirping at 5:50 this morning . . . the sun coming up earlier has messed her up! :-)

The Nurtured Empath said...

Hiya Sister!!!
Hopefully today wasn't too rough and you were able to make it to riding!!
Thank you for your prayers!!
God bless!!

Anonymous said...

I am WITH you on thr flat surfaces.

And I am feeling very spoiled today. Can't wait to have time to play.