Thursday, March 31, 2005

Husband troubles

Not that kind you silly goose! My husband was wiping Caleb's rear end last night when all of a sudden I hear him scream in pain. Then he calls for me and tells me he cannot move! Literally, he cannot move. His back is completely frozen. He is still in bed and still cannot move. Any suggestions? Has anyone had this happen to them? He does have back problems, but he says this feels completely unrelated to his broken disk in his lower back. This feel like a sharp stinging pain in his mid back and it is completely locked. I don't know what to do. Caleb has a neurologist appointment up in Atlanta this afternoon that Olaf was supposed to take him to. I will take him now but Olaf isn't going to be much good here with the other children either.

On another sucketh note, we have carpenter ants! I despise bugs in my house. That has to be the worse thing for me is to have a little creature invade my home. I killed about 20 carpenter ants this morning in my dining and kitchen areas. I sprayed the doors and windows hoping that will help, but we'll see. If Josiah sees a bug he totally flips out. He screams and runs and climbs up into my arms. He's a wuss boy! (I'm joking! I can hear y'all thinking evil thoughts right now!) I may have to call an exterminator because I do not do well with pests of the insect variety. Olaf will not want to pay money for an exterminator. That is where we differ in our way of thinking about money.

Major thunderstorm just moved through here. Caleb's bus was really early this morning. I guess she wanted to be early in case the weather got worse. Caleb is her first pick-up and last drop off.

I caught up on some blog reading this morning. I was in pure heaven when I read Donna's. Read her day yesterday and tell me if you aren't in heaven too. I will not be jealous, I will not be jealous...

I am waiting to hear from Charity. I hope the doctor could give her some news.

I'll let everyone know how the day progresses with my crippled husband. Should be interesting to say the least. Blessings!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot spices work well to keep ants at bay. Apparently they can't stand to walk on them. I don't know how it works but it does.

Anonymous said...

I am praying your hubby feels better soon! Take care and have a good day!

Charity said...

Misty, I am so sorry Olaf is having such trouble. I will be praying for him. I just updated my blog. Dr. didn'te tell me much, but I have a plan of action now anyway. Sorry about the bugs, I HATE them too. Hope everything gets better!!

Donna said...

Hi Misty! Thanks for the link :O)
We are well-acquainted with the 90-degree angle position in our house! Rick's back goes out like that quite often, and honestly, there's not a whole lot one can do about it. He lays flat on the floor until....
About a month ago I was having a coughing fit when my back seized up on me. I was sore for several days (I whined a lot too!). We know the pain - I hope he recovers real soon!
As for the ants, we had them coming in our kitchen so I put traps out. They worked, but I had to stop killing the ants in order for them to take the poison back to their apartment. Think about this if you put traps out. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Could be a pinched nerve? Maybe a slipped disc. Ice it and see a doctor.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that doesn't sound fun at ALL!
(I love your line, "sucketh"--too funny!)...
Love,
Molly
http://threepennies.blogdrive.com/