Monday, February 28, 2005

My ear!

I keep getting these strange shooting pains into my head right above my right ear. It hurts and they won't go away. It feels like an electric shock.

My husband reformatted the hard drive last night. He wanted to buy a new computer but I talked him out of it. We don't have the money for a new computer, but my husband is not the best at handling finances. He's a great guy and I love him to pieces, but his one fault is finances. He will pinch a penny but throw bills out the window. I cut coupons and try to stretch that grocery budget as far as it will go and he wants to buy a new computer. Or a new washer and dryer. (He says that's for me but I think he just wants to spend money we don't have!) I handed over the finances long ago when I just couldn't bare the stress of it anymore. I basically stick my head in the mud now and don't have a clue as to our financial situation. It's just easier on me to be that way. You may call that stupid, but I call it keeping my sanity. He gives me cash for groceries, gasoline, and Cami's riding lessons. He takes care of the rest. And I must say, we've never been late on a bill, so he must be doing something right. And please pray for him. He desperately wants this job that opened up with the FAA. He plans on going there tomorrow to try to see the woman in charge of hiring for this particular job. The problem is, it's not open to non-government employees. But he feels strongly that this is the perfect job for him so he's going to try anyway! Pray that the Lord will have His way, but also that Olaf would get the desire of his heart.

A friend of ours from the military (ions ago!) came through Atlanta and had a lay over on Thursday. Olaf went to the airport to visit with him for awhile. Our whole family plans on going to see him next Sunday when he has another layover on his flight back. I haven't seen him for 10 years. He and his wife were our good friends when we were stationed at George AFB in Victorville, CA. He was just a Staff Sergeant then and now he's a Chief Master Sergeant. That was a lifetime ago for us.

Camille is doing school right now. Riding lessons were cancelled again due to the rain. She hasn't ridden for three weeks now. Poor girl. She loves riding. I am pilfering her riding lesson money for Weight Watchers though, so that's good for me. BAD MAMA! I don't have the $99 to buy the coupons, so I am going to have to pay the $12 weekly fee. I weigh in this evening at my new meeting. That should be fun to have a new leader and be with all new people. I like change. I'm weird. I think it's because no one knows me and it's a fresh start. I'm an actor at heart.

Off to be a Mama now. Blessings!
Misty

4 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

I get those pains too - they feel better if I massage my temples. They're freaky, though.

blessedmama said...

i hope it's not an ear infection! be careful!
i hope cami gets to get her riding lesson soon.
hugs!

The Nurtured Empath said...

Goodness, I'm right there with ya!!
This is crazy!! Bill just got antibiotics today for a sinus infection. Enough!!!!! Take care and big (((((HUGS)))))) You're in my prayers dear sister!!

Losin' said...

I hope that your ear is feeling better! I have had that happen from time to time too. And I also hope that you enjoyed your new ww meeting. I like fresh starts too! :)