Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I'm back

Not that you were waiting with baited breath for me to return. Let's see...Olaf got sick Sunday afternoon and called in sick on Monday and today. Grace and Josiah look like they have been hit with baseball bats. Their eyes have dark circles under them, their little noses are running, they are coughing and Grace has a fever. I am on the mend praise God, but this virus really kicks you in the rear! I probably won't be on the computer much this week because I'll be taking care of the little ones. Olaf has to go to work tomorrow because he is scheduled for training that he has to have. I know he won't feel like it. He's going to be cold and achey. I know because I had to go out grocery shopping on Sunday and I about died!:) Honestly, I was pushing my cart through Kroger almost crying. People were looking at me with pity. I didn't want to return their polite look for fear I'd break down right there and make a complete fool of myself. The good news of having a virus is I lost about 4 pounds this week! WooHoo! Olaf lost 8 pounds. Who needs Weight Watchers? Let's all get sick instead! NOT!

Did I post that my WW meeting got cancelled because there wasn't enough people going? Now I have to weigh in this Thursday and pick up my "card" that will travel with me to a new facility that does have a Monday meeting. I like Monday meetings. I'm not sure how I'll afford to keep going once these two coupons are done, but hopefully I can figure something out.

Tomorrow is cookie dough delivery day and guess who is supposed to be there sorting everyone's orders? That'd be me. Am I going? No way. I cannot take these sick little children out. I have asked someone else to handle it for me and hopefully, prayerfully, it will all work out! I know the Lord is working on me. I am a CONTROL FREAK and to count on someone else to sort the orders is about killing me. I know they'll screw it up and somehow it will get blamed on me. Like I didn't order enough, or we were short due to a mistake I made. I cannot stand being blamed for a mistake I didn't make. The Lord is just saying, "Chill homie!"

Thanks for all the well wishes! I would still covet your prayers for my family. Much love to you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! Missed ya!
Love,
Molly

Stephanie said...

Glad you are feeling better.:-)

Charity said...

Misty, yes I was waiting with bated breath for your return! I'm glad you are feeling better, but I'm so sorry everyone else is sick now. :( It's so hard when your family is sick, you hate to see them suffer, and it's so frustrating that there's nothing you can do about it. (Maybe I'm a bit of a control freak, too) You are all in my prayers. I hope to see you tommorow night. Take care, love, Charity