Friday, February 25, 2005

Warning

Do not go to the circus with a mentally challenged child that has sensory problems! As soon as it started, he was ready to go. It was just too much all at once for Caleb to handle. We stayed for half of it (just for Cami's sake) and went to eat at CiCi's afterward. When we got home from the circus he immediately wanted to get on the bus and go to school. He is mad that it's the weekend now and we wasted a perfectly good school day. Go figure.

Olaf started antibiotics yesterday. I hope he starts to feel better soon. He is coughing really hard and he has asthma, so it's doubly tough for him. He has no voice and whispers everything. Which is really funny when he is yelling at the children in a complete whisper. They don't take him seriously:)

Josiah still has nasty congestion. It's so bad he cannot breathe through his nose at night. Which makes for not very good sleep. Which makes for a cranky baby during the day. Which makes for a cranky Mama as well. I haven't been sleeping well at night either. I have never taken a sleeping pill, but I am so tempted. I would love 6 or 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Charity's shower was lovely. I forgot the digital camera, so I cannot post any photos. Her Mom was so sweet to me. She brought me Moxie from Maine which is just the most awful stuff you can ever drink. (I asked for it though because I just HAD to try it!) She also gave me a mesh bag full of picnic supplies. She is very sweet. Oh, I forgot to post why she gave me those things. We gave her a buddy pass to fly down here from Maine so she could see baby Grace and the family. Saved her about $100 but flying standby sucks.

When I get to my goal weight I am buying an outfit at Talbots. Just one.

Misty

2 comments:

Charity said...

Misty, I dropped my mom off at the airport this morning. We both just wanted to thank you again for the buddy pass, it helped so much. Hopefully she gets home in good time today. Thankyou so much for the great games at my shower, you are so much fun. Oh, at the shower I mentioned to my mom that you looked skinnier every time I see you and you are in WW and she said you didn't look like you needed to lose any weight at all. It was so much fun to have her here, and a great blessing to be able to save some money on the ticket too. Hope Olaf and kids get feeling better soon!! Talk to you later. Love, Charity

Rebekah Castleberry said...

Your house sounds exactly like mine! So we'll cry and pretent like we've had enough sleep together! ;) *yawn* Sarah's doing better but the boys, who are also on antibiotics now, are healing SLOWLY. Aaaah the joys of motherhood. I think the hardest thing about my oldest (he's 9) being sick is all the WHINING! ACCCKKK!!!!! Anyway I pray your little ones are better soon and that you all have a blessed weekend!