Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Pink eye and green snot

I picked up Caleb from school yesterday morning. The nurse said it looks like he has pink eye. I started drops yesterday as soon as we got home and they don't look any better. I am thinking it must be his sinuses draining through his eyes. He has always had different symptoms than my other children when they are sick. I guess it's because he's biologically not mine and he has special needs. He is home from school today and if his eyes don't look better by this afternoon I will make a doctor appointment for tomorrow. He is acting completely fine. Eating like a moose. No fever, no lethargy...just pink eyes and green snot!:) And let me take a moment to defend myself for putting Caleb in public school...I have no defense! To be quite honest, I am not mature enough in the Lord to homeschool him. There, I said it. Having a mentally challenged child is a blessing but also a lot of hard work. He needs speech therapy and occupational therapy which he currently gets at school. I don't have the time or resources to either do the therapy myself with him, or drive him to private therapy with my three other children. Face it, I'm just not "there" yet. I may never be. You can just pray for me and maybe, just maybe, I'll homeschool him eventually.

If you get a chance, please read Dana today. She has written a lovely tribute to the astronauts lost in the Columbia disaster. We need to be reminded. Speaking of Dana, I received my packet for The Three Day Breast Cancer Walk yesterday. I really want to do it. I have to raise $2,100 in order to participate. After I register they will set up a website for people to make online donations. I have no doubt that I can raise that much. I would set my goal for $5,000. I would walk in memory of my mother-in-law, Ingrid Jorek. She lost her battle with breast cancer at the age of 50. I would walk in honor of Dana who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 23 and is a survivor. I would walk for my daughters who should never have to worry about breast cancer at all. Check out the link and let me know what you think. If I do register there will be links galore to donate online, so be prepared! LOL!

I need to get off this computer and be a Mama. Not to mention that I'm in my pj's and the only chore I've done is washing my bed sheets!:)

2 comments:

Holly said...

All of the public schools I have worked in (5 in total) had great special ed. departments. Those teachers really love their kids. Please don't think you have to make excuses for having him there. He's where he needs to be for now.

Okay.. now give up your potty training secrets :-)

Misty said...

Holly, I totally lost your link and e-mail. Send it to me again! No potty training secrets. The child just asked one day to go on the potty. I guess he prefers doing number two on the pot instead of his diaper. He still pees in his diaper. He could care less about that.