Tuesday, February 22, 2005

sniffing...

It seems like all I do is sniff, sniff, sniff. Or blow, blow, blow. My head is pounding with a sinus headache and I'm still coughing pretty bad. My poor children are still congested and Camille's ear still hurts. She is doing school today though. We are behind and I don't like that feeling of being behind. I have always been a first place kind of gal. You know, I must win...I must be the best...I must get an 'A'...I must, I must, I must.... I am learning that not everyone has this compulsion to be the best though. I don't understand WHY someone wouldn't want to do their very best, but I am seeing that it is so. I admit it. It drives me crazy. Don't write sloppy when you can take a little longer and write nicely. Don't settle for missing two problems on your math page when you could have gotten them all right if you would have checked it first. Get my drift??? Yes, you're right. I can be a bear to live with when I expect perfection. I am learning. Not fast enough for my liking, but I'm learning. And it is killing me. Which is precisely what the Lord wants. The death of ME.

Olaf is going to take Sage, our 17 year old cat, to the vet this week to put him down. He's deaf, mostly blind and just plain ole old. He lives down in our basement and gets no attention except once a day when we go do the litter box and feed him. It's time. It will be sad because we've had him since we were first married, but all things must come to an end.

We are going to the Ringley Brothers Circus on Friday morning. We will keep Caleb out of school and go. We have these vouchers so the tickets will cost $5 each instead of $12. Grace and Josiah have never been to the circus, so it should be fun. I hope everyone is well enough to go.

I need to start exercising again. I want to start doing "The Firm" videos that I bought eons ago. I was motivated by Carla! WOW! If she can get her ex-fat body looking that good, then I can too! My Firm videos are still in shrink wrap if that tells you anything.

Need to go make lunch for the children. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Rebekah Castleberry said...

I hope you all have a wonderful time at the circus after all these 'sickies!' I'm sorry to hear about your cat. :( Poor guy. Aside from all of that have a blessed day! :)

Anonymous said...

You must have something similar to what we had in January. It was, like, the cold that would not die! Urgh...

Love,
Mol

Cheri said...

Hope you and the kids continue to mend and enjoy the circus Friday...what FUN!

Ok, on the perfection thing...BREATH, IN and OUT, AGAIN, BREATH...it's not that others don't want to do their best...it's that they don't do *your* best (and believe you mean, I am preaching to the choir, girlfriend)

Sorry about your cat. We left our sweet dog in GA with my parents when we moved here to the apt.

How the heck are you? LOL Donald is off today/night but is currently sleeping because he worked all night last night. The kids are chilling and Nathan is sleeping I think he's not feeling well. :(

Anyway, hugs to you and yours!!!!

Cheri said...

Hope you and the kids continue to mend and enjoy the circus Friday...what FUN!

Ok, on the perfection thing...BREATH, IN and OUT, AGAIN, BREATH...it's not that others don't want to do their best...it's that they don't do *your* best (and believe you me, I am preaching to the choir, girlfriend)

Sorry about your cat. We left our sweet dog in GA with my parents when we moved here to the apt.

How the heck are you? LOL Donald is off today/night but is currently sleeping because he worked all night last night. The kids are chilling and Nathan is sleeping I think he's not feeling well. :(

Anyway, hugs to you and yours!!!!