Saturday, December 03, 2005

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

We went to the local tree farm to buy our tree. We go there every year because they have bunnies for the children to hold, a fire to roast marshmallows on, a lake to feed the ducks, hot cocoa...all for FREE! On our way down to the lake the skies opened up and it started to POUR. So, we ran back up to the van (no easy task) and all of us started coughing up a lung! If you want to see a few pictures you can go to my Flickr account and look. Reminder...my digital camera sucks. I have NO zoomability and it is only a 1.3 mega pixel. I cannot wait to get a new camera in the very near future. Until then, you have to deal with my not so great pictures. I suppose we will decorate the tree tomorrow sometime.

Olaf saw The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe today. He loved it. He cried like a girl. It's a must see. While he was watching the film, I took the children to Camille's riding lesson. She fell off the horse today and landed on her back. Knocked the wind right out of her. She couldn't breathe and it scared her to death! Not too scared that she won't ride again though. I think she'd have to be killed in order for her not to get back on the horse. They were doing a trail ride at the end of her lesson and the horse started to trot up a steep hill. Somehow Camille lost her stirrups and got scared. She leaned forward to grab the horses neck (don't ever do that) and fell off the horse sideways. This is only the second time that she has fallen off the horse. I told her it was bound to happen a few times in her life!:) That's the kind of mom I am. Suck it up girlfriend! I'm not big on empathy which sucks for my children. There is no cuddling or kissing or coddling when my children get hurt. DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME 50 MISTER!!!!!

My feet are like ice cubes. They always are. Socks are on. Shoes are on. Feet are freezing. It's not fair.

No comments: