Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Humble Pie

EDITED: I was wrong. Thumper said blossoms and not clover. Humble pie AGAIN! Pointed out to me by me dear daughter.

That is what I am eating. It doesn't taste good but it sure is good for me. Kind of like spinach. Or when Thumper says to Bambi, "Don't eat the green stuff, just eat the blossoms." And his Mama says, "Thumper, what did your father tell you?"
"'Bout what?"
"About eating the blossoms and leaving the greens?"
"Oh, that one. (clears throat) Eating greens is a special treat. It makes long ears and great big feet. (whispers) But it sure is awful stuff to eat. I made that last part up myself."

That's me. Eating the awful green stuff but knowing it's good for me. It's making me grow and that is a good thing. Excuse me while I throw up!

2 comments:

Misty said...

Aren't you going to tell us why you're eating this delectable treat? :o)

MOM IS NUTZ said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!! Your children are cute...I can't wait to go see the Chronicles of Narnia..it was one of my favorite books when I was young. Merry Christmas...and a Blessed New Year!!