Monday, December 05, 2005

Being Pure--Be Sure to Shelter

Do people ever accuse you of sheltering your children? Instead of being defensive, be thankful for the wonderful opportunity to shelter. Do you sometimes make the mistake of allowing your children to see, hear, or read something impure? Don't you feel terrible after it happens? Did you learn the Sunday School song "Be Careful Little Eyes What You See?" It's true. Our Father up above is looking down in love, so we must be careful what we allow our children to experience. It isn't true that it doesn't matter what a child reads as long as he is reading something. Purity matters. Today make sure that your children experience only what is pure. It's worth it, even if your child does miss out on something popular. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Matthew 5:8

Taken from Daily Encouragement for Homeschooling Mothers by Charlene Notgrass

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Why can't my husband understand that? :-(

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do get accused of that. You know what I say? I don't have to answer to "you," in the end I have to answer to God. That always seems to get them thinking! Check out my blog for new pics! Glad all are feeling better. We need to get our tree up. Maybe today...it's my anniversary!