Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Noon on Friday

That is the first showing of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and I will be there with my daughter, her friend, and her friend's mom. I am so excited. I haven't been this excited about a film since...well...never!

I went to WalMart today to pick up the prints of the children for the Christmas card. Here is the one we are using:


Sorry to ruin it for you if you get a Christmas card from us. I try to send out pictures and letters to family and friends who do not read my blog. Especially old people. Like my Aunt Dorothy. She is in her mid-nineties and lives with her only daughter who is in her mid-seventies. Her daughter, my Aunt Bubbie, has never been married and has always lived at home with her mother. She was a librarian and is smart as a whip. Aunt Dorothy is my Grandmother's sister. My Grandmother passed away almost 2 years ago. I think she was 78 years old when she died. She had dementia real bad the last few years of her life.

That was a rabbit....

We also went to Blockbuster today and I rented Madagascar, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Spy Kids. Camille has never watched a Spy Kids movie. I am hoping she is old enough for it. I think she will enjoy it. She loves to play spy with her friend, Molly. I bought her some Nancy Drew books for Christmas, but I am not sure if I want her to read them. Nancy Drew has a BOYFRIEND for Pete's sake! It's nothing major, but I don't think I need to expose Camille to that this early in her life. I will have to finish the book before I decide. Anyone know of any good spy books with a Christian theme?

Pizza for supper tonight. We have a buy one get one free card from Papa John's. When Mama doesn't cook, it's pizza night!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How old is Camille? My girls are 8 and 9 and have been reading some Christian mystery series'. One is by Beverly Lewis. The series is called The Cul de Sac Kids. There are 24 books in the series. Then there is another series called the Beatitude Mysteries, I believe. They are written by Elspeth Campbell Murphy. Hope this helps.

Maria said...

I also know the Gilbert Morris writes mysteries for kids. I don't know what ages they are geared for but you could check.
~hugs~
Maria

Charity said...

Love the picture of the kids, they are so beautiful. Have fun at the movie on Friday!!

Anonymous said...

So cool that you're going to the movie at noon. We're going during the day next week sometime with everyone except the two youngest! The picture is great! I'm sending mine out soon!