Friday, April 13, 2007

Showers for my shower

Well, tomorrow night is my baby shower and some strong thunderstorms are supposed to move through as well. So there will be showers at my shower. Charity is giving it at her home and there are about 18 adults and some children coming. I really didn't expect that many people and I feel bad about all those people crowding into her home.

Olaf took Ella Jones Boney to the vet this afternoon. He said she wasn't going to die anytime soon and didn't recommend putting her down yet. They did do blood work and based on the results from that, he can give us a clearer picture of her overall health. We will know something next week. She just looks like she is in so much pain. Here is a picture Camille took today thinking it would be her last.



She is very stiff and has trouble moving her head. Her eyes just look like she is in pain. She still eats and drinks. She is still able to get outside (albeit slow) to go potty. She coughs a lot. And snores really loud. And her gas is worse than rotten eggs. She will be 10 on the 4th of July.

Deacon got his bath and shave today. I take him to the groomer about every 8 weeks. He is half peke and half shitzu, so he gets long shaggy hair that grows over his eyes. I don't like all the shedding, so I take him in for a shave. After these two dogs die, I VOW here and now to never, EVER, own a dog again. Only cats. Cats are so much easier to take care of. I don't get so attached to cats either. I mean, they are fine and cuddly, but they have a personality and really don't "need" an owner. The have an attitude.

OK, dinner is home. Zaxby's Chicken Salad Sandwich. YUM!

No comments: