Monday, April 23, 2007

Lazy Monday

I didn't sleep well last night. Mostly because any position I am in hurts. Left side hurts. Right side hurts. Sitting up doesn't hurt but I cannot sleep. Kind of sounds like a Dr. Seuss book.

Left side hurts,
right side hurts,
hurt, hurt, hurt,
Earkle Mcfert.

I finally fell asleep after I put Caleb on the bus (about 6:50) and then slept in until 10:00. It is fabulous having an eleven year old who can tend to her siblings.

Caleb's IEP meeting is tomorrow afternoon, then Camille has a piano recital. Olaf is going to take Camille, and I am going to stay home with the other children. He will video tape it for me though.

I love watching House of Babies on Discovery Health. I wish we had a free standing birth center in Georgia. It is so much more fun to watch natural unmedicated births than to watch A Baby Story on TLC. That is not to say that I won't have an epidural, because I probably will. I had my natural unmedicated birth at home with Grace. It was painful, but I loved being home. The pushing was much harder for me unmedicated than with an epidural. I didn't want to push past that unbelievable pain when the head slips under the pelvic bone. I screamed like a mad woman. Totally NOT serene at all. It's all caught on video and I have never, not even once, had an inkling to watch it. Maybe I should so I can make up my mind if I want to try it at home again, or head to the hospital. If we give birth at home there will be no cord blood banking though. The midwives that deliver at home in the state of Georgia are all lay midwives. They are not certified nurse midwives that you see in the doctor's office. They are not considered medical personnel at all. Just women helping women give birth.

No comments: