Monday, March 26, 2007

Almost there

Olaf stayed up until midnight painting the basement. It is a gorgeous color that reminds me of a jamoca milkshake from Arby's.



Now, he just needs to put the hardwood floor in the entry way (to the back door) before the carpet guys come. That shouldn't take very long at all...hopefully.

Grace has been coughing all night long since Thursday. I am convinced it is allergies. Her throat is scratchy, her eyes are red and watery, and the cough is much worse at night. I gave her the last dose of Histussin HC last night and it finally quieted her cough for a few hours. I need some more, so I am taking her with me to my follow-up appointment today with the ENT doctor. I am hoping he will look at her instead of me and prescribe some. They only prescribe these tiny bottles of narcotic cough meds because they are afraid the parents are using it instead of the children. Hydocodone is the same stuff in Vicodin, so a lot of drug addicts out there steal their children's medicine.

I was up all night last night. I went to bed at midnight with Olaf, then was up every hour using the potty. Grace started coughing really bad at 4:00 am so I went in to give her more cough medicine. Stayed awake until I had to get Caleb on the bus at 7:00 am. I went back to bed and slept off and on for a few more hours until someone knocked on the door. It was a flower delivery guy. I got a beautiful boquet from Olaf and the note read, "I hope you got to sleep in." Funny how the flower delivery guy woke me up! LOL!



The backside of the bouquet has lillies and tulips. It is very fragrant.

As I get closer to giving birth, Simon's movements are starting to hurt me. I mean, I grab my belly and yell "OUCH!" I am not sure what he is hitting that makes it hurt so bad. Bowels? Bladder? Who knows... I do know that I have hemorrhoids. Now that is a lovely picture to leave you with.

No comments: