Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tetanus Shot

I had to get one this morning. It's a long story, but I sliced my finger open with a nail that was buried in the backyard. It has been about seven years since my last tetanus shot so I called the OB to see what I should do. They called back at 4:50 pm and said to definitely get the tetanus shot. So, I went in to my PCP this morning and got the shot. I have a local friend(Hi Patty)who got tetanus. She got poked while gardening and didn't think too much about it. Then the area became swollen and before you know it she has lockjaw and is on deaths door. Praise God they were able to treat her, but she was in the hospital for days and then on IV antibiotics for weeks after.

Olaf was able to feel the baby move last night. The baby either had hiccups or was doing something spastic and kept kicking me in the same spot over and over. Olaf came over and put his hand on my belly and was able to feel the baby. That was fun for us.

I am ready for the weekend. How about you?

No comments: