Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Thankfulness

I am so utterly thankful to the Lord for the blessings that He has poured out on me. The absolute biggest blessing has to be my husband. Do you know what that man did? He washed the pan he made eggs in before he even left for work so I wouldn't have to. Is that not the most thoughtful thing in the world? He usually never eats eggs in the morning, but since we are on Atkins I figured I'd have more dishes to clean. I woke up Monday morning fully expecting to find a frying pan with egg debris, but there was nothing. I figured that he changed his mind and ate something else for breakfast. But NO! That man cooked his eggs and then washed the pan and put it back in the cupboard! I almost cried when I found that out. That means so much to me. He loves me. Of course next on the list are my children. Children that I never thought I would have. The Lord has blessed me with three pregnancies and births that, quite honestly, I never expected. Going through years and years of infertility kind of dampens any expectation of actually conceiving. Then to be able to give birth at home and nurse my children for extended periods of time was just icing on the cake. There really isn't anything more empowering than giving birth. I cannot describe it, but if you are mother you know what I'm talking about. The Lord has also blessed us all with health. Yes, Caleb has epilepsy and his mental challenges, but we are not dealing with any major medical problems. I cannot imagine what it is like to be in Karen's position or the thousands upon thousands of people that are dying of one disease or another. Or worse yet, watching your children suffer. When I ponder things like that I have to place my trust in the sovereignty of God. I cannot go where the Lord has not called me. He never gives us grace to speculate about the future, He only gives us the grace in our time of need. And one more blessing I just have to mention, and that is the blessing of friends. My online buddies and my real life friends. I have made some awesome friends over at Women at Home. I don't know how it is possible to make friends via this keyboard, but I have done it! I can sit here all night and name blessing upon blessing but I won't bore y'all. I'm going to go to bed and snuggle with my men. Yes, plural. My hubby and my three year old that still sleeps with us. Thank you Father God!

No comments: